|FIND THE WAY TO GROOM YOUR GRAY|
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: #Beardspotting Sweepstakes and Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for the purpose of entering this Promotion. Employees of Combe Incorporated, M Booth & Associates, LLC., Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners, LLC, HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The Promotion contains a sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) and a contest (“Contest”)
2. Sponsor: Combe Incorporated, 1101 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY, 10604. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Promotion begins on September 8, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on September 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of twenty-three (23) daily entry periods that each start at 12:00 a.m. ET and end at 11:59 p.m. ET (each a “Daily Entry Period”). The Contest entry period includes the entire Promotion Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit http://www.beardspotting.com/, and complete and submit the registration form, including your first and last name and a valid email address. Next, upload a photo of yourself or a friend or family member who is least eighteen (18) years old and has provided you with express permission that displays the individual’s moustache and/or beard. (herein you “Submission”). The entrant is deemed to be the person completing the registration form and not the person that appears in the Submission.
NOTE: If you enter a photo of yourself, you must keep your facial hair intact throughout the Promotion Period in order to accept the Contest Prize, and agree to keep your facial hair intact until the prize is fulfilled. If you enter a photo of another individual and are selected as the Contest Prize winner, you will also be required to bring that individual as your travel companion on the trip prize.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission from a gallery and disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from the individuals pictured in their Submission (if it is not himself) to use their likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If the individual who appears in photo is a minor in his state of residence, he must be the child or ward of the entrant. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
For each Submission that confirms to the Guidelines and Restrictions above, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest and one (1) entry into the applicable daily entry period drawing as well as all subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings.
Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1) Submission during each Daily Entry Period. If you enter more than one (1) Submission during the Submission Phase, each Submission must be unique but may be a Submission of the same moustache or beard. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the processes set forth below:
a. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners, from all eligible entries received during each Daily Entry Period. Non-winning entries will be included in subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings. Drawings will be conducted on or around the business day following the close of each Daily Entry Period, and Administrator will notify each potential winner by email at that time.
b. Contest: After the conclusion of the Promotion Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the entrant with the highest scoring Submission from among all eligible Submissions received during the Submission Period, based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for the “Facial Hair best Enhances Wearer’s style” is determined by the qualified judges, will be deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to not select a winner, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
8. Winner Requirements:
For Sweepstakes winners: Each potential Sweepstakes winner will be required to provide his/her birthdate to confirm eligibility and a valid home address (P.O. Boxes not acceptable) for prize fulfillment purposes within three (3) days of date notice is sent in order to claim his/her prize.
For Contest Winner: The potential Contest winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver, Agreement to Keep Facial Hair and where not prohibited a Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize..
For All Winners: If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If the potential Contest winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected by the qualified judges based on the Judging Criteria. If a potential Sweepstakes winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected through a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate winners will be determined for any prize, after which the applicable prize may remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
a. Sweepstakes: TWENTY-THREE (23) SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES (awarded one (1) per Daily Entry Period): A Keith Hernandez autographed baseball or a Walter “Clyde” Frazier autographed basketball (prize choice determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $133. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
b. Contest: ONE (1) CONTEST PRIZE: A trip for winner and a guest (must be person displayed in the Submission, if not entrant) to New York, NY to attend the National Beard Championship from November 6, 2015 thru November 8, 2016. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to New York, NY; two (2) nights’ accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); and travel agent services. Winner must travel November 6, 2015 thru November 8, 2016 or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Contest and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the National Beard Championship is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. ARV: $5,000. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a portion thereof for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, the applicable winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, M Booth & Associates, LLC., Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners, LLC, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the Contest winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above, and Sponsor reserves the right to award the Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes entry or Instant Win Game play, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/1N4gJwm. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2015 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
Subscribe and Save
Just For Men Mustache & Beard — Select Shade
Not sure which shade is right for you?
Click here to get started.
Subscribe and Save
Just For Men Mustache & Beard — Blond